An Organization of Individual Sportsmen, Sportswomen, and Sportmen’s Clubs
BIRTHPLACE OF THE NJOA
Meeting the 4th Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. (Except July, August & December) at The Freehold Fin, Fur and Feather Club, Burke Road,
Freehold, NJ 07728
Club is 1.3 miles from Elton-Adelphia Rd. (Rt. 524), at the Y make Left on dirt Rd. 3 Miles West of Rt. 9
Anyone requesting to speak at the meeting must contact the Secretary 30 days in advance in writing of meeting date and state their topic they wish to speak on.
The New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs and Monmouth County Chaper does not endorse or donate any fininical funds to any political canadates.
President Ken Ganson 732-687-0814
1st. Vice President Jerry Nalale LTTLZKE@COMCAST.NET
2nd. Vice President Steve Ferraro
Secretary/Treasure Lloyd Davis LLOYD1040@YAHOO.COM
About the Monmouth County Federation:
Monmouth County welcomes Independent Sportsmen and Sportswomen as members.
Independent are individuals that does not need to be a member of any clubs or organizations.
The Monmouth County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs is a county affiliate of the New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs.
We are an organization of local clubs, statewide organizations and individuals united for the purpose of promoting the conservation and proper utilization of fish and wildlife resources, as well as the land and water resources that support them.
We are dedicated to the preservation, continuance and enhancement of, as well as support for, the traditional outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, trapping and target shooting.
We strive to preserve and protect our outdoor sporting heritage for the enjoyment of future generations of sportsmen and women.
The Monmouth County Federation believes in maintaining open lines of communication between members of the sporting community, affiliated clubs and organizations, other county federations, the Central Region of the New Jersey State Federation, the State Federation, the New Jersey Fish & Game Council, the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and the New Jersey State Legislature.
The Monmouth County Federation accomplishes its Mission through the following activities:
- Regular meetings are held to provide an informational forum for members of the sporting community to exchange and gather information and express concerns related to issues affecting fish, wildlife and the outdoor sports.
- Affiliated member clubs and organizations send delegates to the meetings for representation. The delegates act as liaisons between their organizations and the federation’s officers and membership by bringing concerns to the meeting and reporting back to their memberships.
- Individual federation members.
- Representatives from the State Federation and regional federation districts report and otherwise provide information at the monthly meetings.
- Representatives from the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife and the New Jersey Fish and Game Council frequently attend our meetings in order to provide important information, answer questions and address concerns.
The Monmouth County Federation monitors legislative proposals that impact on fish and wildlife issues relating to the sporting community. Through legislative action we support bills and proposals that are in the best interest of our fish and wildlife resources as well as those that serve the interests of the sporting community. We work to oppose and defeat legislative measures and other initiatives that are not in the best interest of our fish and wildlife resources as well as those that would prove detrimental to hunters, anglers, trappers and shooters.
We encourage, support and sponsor activities that promote youth participation in the outdoor sports so that our sporting heritage will live on through our young people.
We welcome new clubs, organizations and individuals to join our federation, attend our meetings and join the state federation as well.
The Monmouth County Federation emphasizes proper, safe and lawful participation on the part of all individuals while engaged in outdoor activities.
Know your target and beyond